Translator

Monday, September 10, 2007

Want to meet a 21-year-old millionaire?

I am very impressed with Farrah Gray, a 21-year-old Black man that became a millionaire at 14 years old! There are many points in his story that gives clues to achieving wealth and prosperity.

1. Make use of basic resources;

2. See potential where others don't (or won't);

3. Don't be afraid to ask things from people and do be afraid to "go for it.";

4. Have confidence in your dream, your purpose -- even when no one else does;

5. Start/produce something that helps others;

6. Deal with rejection and press on;

7. Don't be afraid of new opportunities, take them and learn from them;

8. Teach others what you know how to do -- but make sure to get paid for it.

But his true motivation was to help his family (particularly, his mother). A quote from the ABC News article about him states:

Part of what motivated him to begin earning money at such a young age was watching his mother work so hard. "When I went to sleep she was up; when I woke up she was up," he said. "So I never really was sure that she did go to sleep. And I really felt that out of that feeling of struggle, my mom had a heart attack, and I said there must be something I can do to help her."

Read the entire article about him.


Millionaire by 26: Secrets to Becoming a Young, Rich Entrepreneur by H (Google Affiliate Ad)

2 comments:

  1. "21-year-old Black man" Not sure why you went there, but him being black made it more hard to believe? Or is it a struggle thing I wasn't supposed to understand?

    Full credit to him and his achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty big thing for "me" especially because I'm a Black person that began my life in a neighborhood that many people would not be caught dead in. In my lifetime I have been spit upon (because of the color of my skin), attacked, shot at, discriminated against . . . and told that I would "never make it" (believe it or not, by high school counselors when I was 16). When I was 21-years-old, people were pretty shocked that I was not a single mother with two children. Yeah, people around me were flinging stereotypes left and right. It was sad.

    It's just refreshing for me that a 21-year-old is a millionaire and that a Black man (what people consider the most unfortunate of all Americans) attained this goal. It gives me hope.

    And please, dude, when someone says 21-year-old millionaire, an image of a Black person does not instantly "jump" in people's head. So yeah, saying it is significant. One day it won't matter. Today, it still does unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! Really, I am interested.