Translator

Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Impossible Dream - Buy a House Outright



Buy a house ou
tright (no mortgage):

(Put your eyeballs back in their sockets! Dog gone it!)

My logic: I watch the housing market constantly – it’s one of my morose hobbies. Currently, house prices are going down. The last 3 years, house prices skyrocketed to nosebleed levels. I don’t want to be part of that game.

I want the house that my family will be comfortable in, with all the room we need inside and outside (I don’t care about tax write-offs, we’ll talk about that later). And with my cool income from my first goal ($100,000 minimum in interest annually) taxes and maintenance are no problem at all!

Anyway, if I make the type of money I’m talking about with this website/blog, then AMT (the tax rule from Satan) will kick in and that house deduction is a mute topic anyway.

In other words, I want the FREEDOM to live in a house without a mortgage or debt.



Like this article? Then you will probably like these articles too: