Most people can not possibly wrap their heads around the idea that you can make money from sharing a comments, every few hours throughout the day, that takes at most 140 characters. Well, only 7 years ago (Happy Birthday Twitter) most people could not wrap their heads around the idea that millions of people would enjoy SENDING 140 character blurbs called TWEETS through a social media platform, all day - every day.
But that's the wonderful thing about living in the Year 2013. You love it! And you can make money doing it. Ain't life grand?
An avid Tweeter with a large, active following can actually make a bit of money. And celebritis have found that they can make quite a bit of money on Twitter. You can too. But, to make money with Twitter, you must first answer these questions:
- Do you have a twitter account that is over 60 days old? (YES? Go to Q2.; No? Wait for 60 days then go to Q2.)
- Does your twitter focus on one topic? (YES? Go to Q3; No? Begin tweeting about one topic for 30 days then go to Q3.)
- Have you amassed a large number of followers interested in this topic? (YES? See below and follow directions; NO? Get to work getting more followers).
The key to gaining extra money through tweeting is having a large following on twitter. A large following would be at least 25,000 active followers. The key word here is active. People on Twitter are notorious for getting on, creating an account, tweeting and following for a few week,s and then becoming in-active. This type of twitter follower is not going to help you in this endeavor. So, what I'm saying here is the key isn't how many followers you have, but how many followers that: retweet, click on links, favorite and tweet -- are active on Twitter.
To make money on twitter you need at least 10,000 active followers, which means that the average Tweeter user needs 50,000+ followers to make money via Twitter. If you have less than 50,000 followers (like me) then you can only expect a bit of "pocket money" through twitter advertisements. If you want to know how to gain more twitter followers, I will be providing an article about safe ways to do this without getting your account frozen in a later article. Stay tuned.
Of course you should be concerned about the balance between earning revenue (through ads) and providing good content to your followers. Here is my advise: keep your tweeting ratio at one ad per seven tweets (1 per 7). Keeping this ratio seems to be less annoying to followers. Any more ads and you are in danger of losing followers.
So, if you have 25,000 active followers and can provide 6 original, quality tweets per day, you may be able to make money tweeting by using these services. I'm listing them in the order that I personally LIKE after thoroughly researching them.
1. MyLikes -- ad platform can be used on Twitter, Tumblr and YouTube and your blog. I like this option the best because I am a RETWEETER. I look retweeting good content that my followers share and that I think my 18K followers should know about. MyLikes works best with the way I tweet. It's all about your influence. You share ads and articles that MyLikes list and that you want to share. Each ad is worth a certain amount (and they tell you up front). Choose from thousands of ads and articles, they have a nice selections which makes me very, very happy. Schedule the time the ad is tweeted to your account. And wha-la it's done. Payout weekly!
2. Sponsored Tweets -- ad service for Twitter that reminds me of Google Adsense. You basically sign up, then set your price per click for ads you tweet. They offer ads that would suit your audience (so carefully choose the keywords when they ask you for those). Choose the ads you tweet from a list of available ads. You get paid for every click on the ad you feature. I'm just not happy with the idea that if you pay $1.99 per month, you will be placed at the top of the advertising list to receive more opportunities.
3. Amazon and Associates -- Yes, I'm talking old school way for making money. Amazon affiliate program allows you to create a special link for any product that they sell. You can shorten the link (using bit.ly) and tweet it with a quick product description. If someone buys this project through your link you earn a commission.
4. Ad.ly -- You create a profile of your interests, then advertisers can choose your account to publicize a campaign. You agree to send out a specific number of tweets on a specific schedule. The focus on celebrity twitter accounts and generally they want people with 100K followers or more.
5. Pay4Tweet -- Sell your tweets, you set a price from $1 to $10,000. The website is very simple and easy to maneuver through. They have a great FAQ section and blog and I would recommend reading it before you do anything.
All these programs pay through PayPal. I'm looking into more way to make money from your Twitter account. There seem to be a few more available like "Ad Per Tweets" and "Share Magnet". I just haven't had time to research them thoroughly yet. Come back to this blog post, I intend to update it with more options to make quick money at a later date.
PERSPECTIVE: The quick money series on Telecommuting Millionaire? is to help you find funding so you can take your first steps to following your dreams. After you read a few of my Quick Money articles, you will realize that Money is Everywhere. Don't use these quick money ideas, unless you understand that you are using these ideas . . . not to pay off debt, not for extra salary, not for "fun money" . . . but as a stepping stone to financing the first steps of your dreams. Dog-gone it, we are going to gain our financial freedom together! Read: Money is Everywhere to get the proper perspective.
Make Money From Scratch coffee mug (Google Affiliate Ad)
************************************************************************** Do me a favor . . . Click one of the icons below and share this article with friends! Leave a COMMENT by clicking on the little orange "comment" below right by "written by Telemill" notation.