Do you have customer service experience? Bet you didn't think about the need of customer service staff for the spring season which encompasses Valentine's Day and Mother's Day.
Well, think of companies like 1-800-Flowers that are in need to people to take all the orders for flowers and gifts. It happens every single year, so you should be ready to apply for customer service jobs every year in early January or February.
Wait! Before you run over there, you have to make sure you have all the required equipment. Check it out!
QualificationsSuccessful candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a resident and live in the following states Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas and Oregon
- Highly PC literate and have their own PC with a reliable high-speed Internet connection
- Ability to type 35 words per minute is essential
- Fluent in the use of Instant Message, and ability to download software
- Prior call center experience strongly preferred
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED to apply
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Fundamental math skills required
- Strong sales skills
- Highly motivated and Dependable
Hardware, Software, Workstation Specifications: Minimum Requirements
- Internet Connection:
- Cable or DSL provider (No Wireless or Satellite), VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) compatible.
- Minimum up load speed: 500 kbps
- Minimum download speed: 1.5 mbps
- Computer Hardware:
- 1.8 GHZ Processor (minimum of a Pentium 4 processor or equivalent processor)
- 1 GB of RAM
- Sound card with speakers
- 17" Flat Panel Display recommended (capable of 1280 x 1024), 15" minimum
- Computer Software:
- Windows XP Vista Operating or Windows7 system
- At this time we are not compatible with Windows 8
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or above
- Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel WinZip, Adobe Acrobat reader. - Free download available on the Web
- Antivirus Software: Valid software with current and updated virus definitions.
- Telephone Requirement:
- Primary dedicated telephonic line with the ability to disable features such as call waiting, forwarding, etc. Cellular/Wireless phones are NOT permitted.
- Digital Telephones & VoIP Telephones are permitted as your primary or alternate phone lines, services such as Skype, Google Voice, etc. Voice services such as Magic Jack that connect through a USB port are NOT permitted.
- Headsets Requirement:
- USB headset (PC compatible) with a built-in digital signal processor has a noise-cancelling microphone
- If a land based telephone line is used, a compatible corded telephone with headset capability will be required . This must be a corded traditional telephone. No cordless/wireless telephone handsets allowed. Please note you will need both a USB headset to connect to the 1800Flowers Voice service and a separate headset for your land based personal telephone.
- If a Digital Telephone or VoIP Telephone is selected as your Primary phone line, only one USB Headset will be required since it may be used for both the 1800Flowers Voice Service as well as the Personal Telephone.
- AIM: Free download available at www.aim.com
- A personal email account with a professional user name.
- Office Furniture: A sturdy desk and a comfortable sturdy chair at a comfortable height with adequate back support. (5 legged chair highly recommended)
- Battery Backup: UPS/Battery Power Supply including surge
- Your workstation must be in a private, quiet area away from others in your residence and background noise
How To ApplyPlease click on this link below to begin the application process:
Check out 1-800-Flowers.com Employment Page for more information.
You May Wish to Read About:
---------------- You can make this blog better. Tell me what types of topics you want me to focus on. I'll be happy to write about things that actually help and entertain you. Or drop me a line at telemill at gmail. [You know what to do to send the e-mail, right?]