Translator

Monday, December 3, 2007

The Model Millionaire by Oscar Wilde

I was re-introduced to Oscar Wilde the other day (I could not appreciate him in high school -- what kid would appreciate an old dead guy?) Anyway, this guy had some very practical advice and I've decided to read some of his stuff. Currently, I found this little anecdote of his . . .

Romance is the privilege of the rich, not the profession of the unemployed.

The poor should be practical and prosaic. It is better to have a permanent income than to be fascinating.


The Model Millionaire - Oscar Wilde



Hey, ain't Oscar cold pimpin' with his cane and fur and everything? -- sorry, couldn't help commenting on that.

 
Oscar Wilde's Wit and Wisdom: A Book of Quotations by Wilde, Oscar/ Do (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Really, I am interested.