Translator

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Everyone is Amazing - Everyday Angels




We meet no ordinary people in life.  If you give them a chance, everyone has something amazing to offer. ~ Anonymous

Up until the age of 25 years old, I had no car.  Which meant that I spent a lot of time on bus stops waiting on buses that ran every 30-45 minutes because I didn't live in the "good parts" of town where buses ran more frequently.  During my "Bus Years", as I like to call them, I learned that some of the most unlikely suspects (people you would never suspect) had or are involved in some of the most amazing and interesting activities.  If you have the patience and the aptitude to be non-judgmental, you can find some of the greatest wisdom on earth and the most interesting stories by striking up a conversation with people -- waiting on the bus or standing in line or sitting at the park.

I suppose that's why I like the HBO show, Taxi Cab Confessions so much.  I love hearing people's stories and gaining the wisdom of what they've learned in life.  Never saw Taxi Cab Confessions?  Here's a clip:


(Caution - Adult Content)




I have learned so many things by inadvertently encountering human "angels" all around me.  What have I learned? Well, I've learned that:

1.  There are no ordinary people, everyone has something amazing to offer.

2.  There are truly 8 million stories in the naked city and probably 8 billion more in the naked world.

3.  We have all overcome great adversity in our lives and have lived to tell about it.

4. If you can make a suicidal person laugh, they probably won't kill themselves in the end.

5. No matter how bad life seems this moment, tomorrow will be better -- even if it's just a little bit better.

6. Marriage is not a 40 year date, your spouse is in fact the person you cling to when life gets utterly tragic.

7. People don't hate people as much as you think, they are more afraid of people than angry at them.

8. Love is not a reciprocal emotion, it just IS. To fully feel love, you acknowledge it . . . that's it, that's all.

9. A lot of suffering in the world (a lot, not all) are people trying to control uncontrollable situations.

10.  Love is the most valuable and amazingly plentiful thing in the universe . . . and we still don't understand it or cherish it fully.

I want to thank all the "everyday angels" that have shared a little bit of their lives, situations, time with me.  I have listened and I have truly cherished what you had to give -- my most powerful and influential friends.


Like this article? Then you will probably like these articles too:


**************************************************************************
Do me a favor . . . Click one of the icons below and share this article with friends! Leave a COMMENT by clicking on the little orange "comment" below right by "written by Telemill" notation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Really, I am interested.