Translator

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fail Your Way to Success





"Success is a lousy teacher, it seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."  ~ Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft

Stop studying success.  Drop all those biographies of successful people, it doesn't tell you much at all.  Instead, look at those individuals who have failed but got back up and continued toward success.  Study how these people made the negative (failure) into a positive (success) . . . eventually.


"But, but, but . . . . FAILURE is painful, embarrassing, expensive, life-altering." You may say.  


My answer: Yeah, yeah, yeah -- get over yourself! Failure is actually your friend and is simply spiritual feedback pushing you toward success.


"I have not failed.  I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" ~ Thomas Edison


So I agree that failure is often painful, embarrassing, expensive, life-altering, messy, ego-busting.  But as a colossal failure myself who has experience more than my fair share of failures (call me the Master of Failure) I can tell you what failure actually does.  


Failure:



  • Makes you tougher and more resilient;
  • Makes you stop taking yourself too seriously and helps you develop a sense of humor;
  • Is part of every single process toward success (it's an essential component of success);
  • Develops your courage;
  • Gives you clues to your next, best move;
  • Teaches you fluidity - helps you to learn to change strategy continuously until  you eventually succeed;
  • Is only temporary;
  • Is an event -- not your identity.  In other words, failure is not who you are it's what happened at one moment of your life . . . period.
When you accept the above definitions of failure within your life, you will find that success will flow through your life.  So go out there and FAIL  . . . until you find your way to success.

And believe me, I can't wait for the grand successes you will experience, because I'm counting on you -- as you know, I've always wanted powerful and influential friends!


Like this article? Then you will probably like these articles too:





**************************************************************************
Do me a favor . . . Click one of the icons below and share this article with friends! Leave a COMMENT by clicking on the little orange "comment" below right by "written by Telemill" notation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Really, I am interested.